Monday, January 6, 2014

Let the Countdown Begin

Here goes nothing! This time next week, I will be arriving in Paris and beginning of my next few months of indulging in the European lifestyle. I can hardly believe I really just said that. This semester has flown by, like everyone said it would, and yet I feel as if I have been waiting a lifetime to get this trip started. As I begin packing my bags and checking off my lists, I realize just how unprepared I am! I am a notorious over packer so how in the world do I pack for five months in one bag?! This whole concept is mind blowing to me! Besides the fact that I am going to one of the most fashionable places in the world and I wear tights and a tee shirt just about everyday…. if that doesn’t scream American I don’t know what does. For any other flight, getting off the plane in my comfy clothes and rushing around to get to my hotel would be the most perfect thing. This time I am still trying to fathom that I will be stepping off a ten hour flight in Paris then making my way around my dream city without knowing anything about where I am going. Lets hope the train station is made for those of us who can only read when using the google translate app on the phone. As all of this sinks in, I am finally realizing that this is my new reality. I am getting to live my dream! So as my very first blog post comes to an end, let the countdown begin… 6 more days!

No comments:

Post a Comment