Thursday, January 16, 2014

The Week is the Hardest

Oh my this week has been a long one. We arrived in Paris on Monday on the first day of the national taxi strike! No taxi no problem for us.  This strike was something to see. All the taxis would park their cars in the middle of the highway and cause this huge traffic jam! They just sat around and enjoyed their cigs. We sat in traffic for 30 minutes just trying to get around them! Perfect start to a long week. Arriving in Limoges was so overwhelming! We came with absolutely no wifi anywhere! I quickly realized my life revolves around my phone. We had no contact with anyone but us. Thankfully there's three other girls with me. We would have gone crazy without each other these past few weeks. One thing we learned very quickly is they definitely do not baby you! You figure out everything on your own. Without speaking the language, that is so much harder than it sounds. Without Amalee, we would be completely lost! She has been our lifesaver this week. With the French, if they don't like you or don't know you, you won't get anything done. We have officially got on her good side and magically everything got done today. No complaints here. Finally came out of the dark ages! We have even found people to take us out. It's all finally starting to get better. We are getting acclimated and we might just make it after all.  I have had a few people asking about the food. If anyone of you saw the picture on  Facebook, you'll be relieved to know we have avoided that so called ham since!  We decided to be adventurous and try a new sandwich the other day and it looked and tasted like raw bacon!! By far the most disgusting thing iv ever had in my life!! We had to take off everything but the cheese. But that cheese sandwich was amazing. We have been living off of sandwiches all week. The lady at the bakery actually helps with my French now. Best bakery I've ever been to! We tried their macaroons for the first time tonight. People do not exaggerate those things. If you haven't had one you are missing out! So far though the French life is getting better and better! I never thought I'd say this but I'm so ready for classes to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment