Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Friends Can Make a Place

I think this may be the hardest part of the whole trip. As everyone is getting ready to go home for a few weeks, maybe even just a week, I find myself feeling slightly jealous. I can’t believe I’m even saying that since we have booked our hostel for Paris to see Justin Timberlake, but it is slightly true. It has really had me thinking about things lately. I can’t say I am ready to go per say, but it would be nice to have a weekend home and eat some good ole Mexican food or sleep in a normal bed. As I talk to my friends back home about this I find myself repeating “I want to combine my worlds”. I say this like it is impossible but is it really?! I am still young and have complete control of my future. Why can’t I sit down once a week and enjoy a coffee or tea and read?!  Or enjoy a good crepe with good friends. I am acting as if I will leave all of this behind once I leave France. We set goals for ourselves every day, big or small, what is wrong with having “me time” once a week as a goal?! If anything it would probably be good for my sanity. As I sat down and made my schedule for next semester, I am reminded that I do not get to have this relaxed lifestyle like I do now. The least I could do for myself is take some of France back with me. So this is me making a vow to myself to be better back home. I will, maybe, learn to make my own crepes. According to my lovely French friend, Fabian, he is going to teach me because it is just so simple. So friends, be prepared to have to eat crepes when I am missing my French world!! I will force others to indulge in an easy lifestyle once a week for an hour or two with me also. As college students, finishing college at that, life is extremely stressful. Tea/coffee is good for the soul! I am a firm believer in that now. It would do us all good to sit and just catch up. Once again, I have been reminded what great friends I have back home. I took them for granted a bit before I left so from now on, that will be our time! They have no choice in the matter anymore (Brooke, Lexi, I’m talking to y’all!!).

                Enough of my rant! Brooke was asking me today if I was even alive so I will catch up on my past few weeks. There hasn’t been anything super exciting, just living the French life. We have seen Tal perform, which in my opinion was slightly a waste but I found two French songs I like so there is a silver lining! Other than that, things have been pretty calm. I am taking advantage of the good weather when we have it. This town was made for the sun! Fabian has taken me downtown on a Sunday and given me a wonderful tour of the town. It is always nice to have such a great friend to take a Sunday stroll with. Not to mention I found me some homemade jam that I am thoroughly enjoying! So many sweet people in the market that day! I swear I would be 500lbs if I actually lived here. All the sweets are to die for and they do not take no for an answer when they are offering free samples! Just to add to my obsession with tea, I have had the chance to grab tea with Kate, from OU, and she showed me parts of the city I have never seen. You just haven’t seen pretty until you have sat on the side on a French river with a good friend! It just doesn’t get better than that! It will be things like that that I miss more than anything! I have met so many amazing people! I am still working on convincing them that Texas is the place for them! Fabian and Toni are on my list! Texas is calling y’all’s name!! It’s hard not to fall in love with a place like this when you have great friends to share it with! 

1 comment: